Design and Planning
We take great care and pride in the design and construction of decks and structures. Do you already have a design, just have an idea or sketch, or have no set plans? We can help you to develop a design that will best fit with your property, planned usage and your lifestyle.
At Salavantis Landscapes we strive to use the highest quality lumber and hidden fasteners available. We construct decks and structures using pressure treated lumber, western Red Cedar, composites and exotic hardwoods such as Ipe.
The lifespan of your deck will depend mainly on three variables
- The species of lumber. This is the single biggest factor not only in the life of your deck but also the cost. Lifespans can range from 10 to 50 or more years.
- The location and site conditions. Is the area dry or damp? Is it sunny or deep shade?
- How well the deck is maintained. Is the deck cleaned and stained regularly?
The primary material categories are
- Pressure treated lumber is the most economical for deck construction. Pressure treated lumber can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years.
- Cedar is a step up from pressure treated lumber. Cedar has a longer lifespan than pressure treated, on average between 15 and 25 years.
- Exotic hardwoods, such as Ipe and Balau Batu are the longest lasting of the natural woods. Lifespans of 20 to 50+ years can be achieved.
- Composites, such as Trex. There are quite a number of composites available on the market now, with a wide range of prices, quality, and longevity.
Lighting your deck or garden structure
Do you want to enjoy your deck after the sun goes down? We specialize in custom LED lighting that can be discretely, and sometimes invisibly, added to your deck for greater safety and ambiance. Lighting systems can be automatic (Dusk until Dawn), scheduled based on your preferences, or remotely operated. The lighting that we use also features dimming, so you can have a little more light when guests are over, and a little less light when you want a quiet evening to relax. We love to light landscapes, more information can be found in the Landscape Lighting section.